Monday, October 23, 2006

Zesty zucchini



It was the picture and the unusual combination that inspired me, not to mention the lone, fat, zucchini rattling about in my refrigerator. A night of sleeplessness ensured that I prepared the zucchini as well as the zest for this morning’s blogging at 2 a.m. My picture’s not as good, but it will have to do. The recipe is from Reader’s Digest’s 30 Minute Cookbook, with minor changes.

Here’s what you need:
500 gm zucchini (smaller ones, the book said)
Zest of 2 limes (1 lemon in the book)
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper (the book asked for flakes of sea salt)

Trim the zucchini and slice very thinly on the diagonal. Heat oil in a frying pan, add the zucchini and fry till tender. Meanwhile, finely grate the rind of the lemon. Sprinkle on the cooked zucchini and season well with flaky salt and black pepper.

Warning: It tended to be a little bitter in places, so you may want to be more careful than me about taking the zest off the limes!

6 comments:

  1. Hi sra,
    It has been a while since i visited your blog and now I am pleasently surprised to find so many new recipes posted in the last 15 days. I especially like the eggplant-dosakaya chutney. will give it a shot as soon as i can get hold of a dosakaya at the indian store. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incidentally, I have zucchinis in my fridge too!:D I am making pancakes tonight with those and I might do your salad too..looks pretty ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice recipes..thanks for dropping by my blog...we have different bloggers blogging same recipes again and again..that does'nt mean one should not blog the same recipe..because each blogger has there own viewvers..so deffinetly to some else the post will be use ful..so go a head a post on curd...did i say much??:-)) anyways...belated happy deewali to u and ur family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hema, thanks for stopping by, do tell me how the chutney turned out.
    Asha, if you made it, was it non-bitter?
    Meena, no, you aren't saying much, and yes, i agree with you, no harm in repeating posts - will do it a little later, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!Zucchini, is the only veggie, that I don't get to play around much with..:) It's a delicious way to savour them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it turns out well for you when you do make it, Lera!

    ReplyDelete

I moderate all my comments. So if you're a human spammer or a bot that can understand this warning, buzz off, don't waste your time here spamming.